Silo cracks take many forms: vertical, horizontal and spider web. They are caused by a multitude of factors including and not limited to:
- Inadequate reinforcement
- Assymetric emptying and filling pressure
- Loss of bond on reinforcement
- Delamination of concrete in plane of reinforcement
C-TEC proven repair methodology includes:
- Routering exterior fractures with installation of elastomeric caulking to seal structure from moisture migration that causes deterioration and delamination of concrete with reinforcement steel.
- Repainting to seal structure from further moisture migration.